Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Leave it to a woman to change her mind!!!!

Soooo...I originally created this blog as a way to document the steps up to, during and post-surgery; I have changed my mind!!!! I feel myself wanting to blog about so many things at so many different times, all of course about me and my life. I have decided to blog about what I want when I want and that will still include surgery details because that's such a huge part of my life and mind right now.

So, first in staying with the surgery documenting a little venting session: DAMN DOCTORS!!!!! I first sent my requests (form from surgery center) to my PCP (current & former) and my OBGYN in July -- YES JULY, this is October!!!! My gynecologist (mind you I had only seen her 1 time) sent the records back right away and not only did she send them in but she edited everything to make sure that she recorded that we had spoken about a diet & exercise plan. Now, to my PCP who has been our family Dr. (not to mention friend of my Mother's) for over 20 years (I went to another for maybe 4 years during that time), returned the first request stating that it wasn't HIPPA compliant (odd that the other Drs. had no issues), so I completed their form and returned it all only to have them send it all back to me again because apparently you have to pay for your own medical records to be copied at your request. I paid the fee, called the 3rd party company and they assured me they'd notify the Dr.'s office to release the records, this was last month. Meanwhile, I had put in a call to my Dr.'s nurse asking if she thought he'd write a letter of recommendation for the insurance company being that he's been seeing me since I was 15. 1 call in, 2 calls in, 3 calls in...finally get a call back that she'll ask him, this was also last month. I got a voicemail yesterday from the nurse saying that my Dr. wrote and faxed the letter to the surgery center - yay, they must have everything needed now -- NOPE, still no records!!! Today, the Dr.'s office got a "not so nice" phone call from me, come to find out the person in charge of records didn't even receive my chart until today - WTF?!?!?!?! Poor lady at the surgery center, I probably email her daily with questions!!! Oh well, I'll probably do it again tomorrow too :)

Good news: I am anal about making sure that I'm doing everything correctly so I once again called Cigna (yes, I work for them) to make sure that I am taking all the right steps in preparing and that 6 months is the required amount of visits before a pre-cert can even be submitted. I got a great customer service agent and he confirmed everything and calmed my nerves on some other concerns. The nerves are expanding and the goal is in better sight! I'm even OK with the unease of not knowing whether the surgery will be in December or January.

I guess today's blog stayed true to my original plan and was about surgery :)

OH -- so question to those reading...how do I answer someone that actually says something like, "why wouldn't you have the bypass instead of the sleeve, it's faster and easier to lose weight, etc.!"?????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment