Sunday, October 9, 2011

The fear of loss of life lessening the fear of surgery!

"Babe, I was in a car accident!" Not the words I wanted to hear when I answered Paul's phone call. I, surprisingly, stayed calm and listened and then got in the car to go to the scene of the accident. Going through my mind the entire time was how precious life is and how precious our future together could be. Likewise, I was thinking how much more precious our futures will be after having the surgery. How much more I will be able to do that I choose not to now.

I have even more excitement for the surgery today than yesterday! I can imagine doing things like:

  • Taking walks, not just around the apartment complex or from the car into a building, but true long walks.
  • Traveling, without the fear and embarrassment of having to ask for a seat-belt extender on a plane or even the possibility of being denied access.
  • Going to different venues for things like sporting events, concerts, etc., these are places that definitely did not design their seating to fit someone large.
I guess sometimes it takes something eye-opening to make you see the possibilities right in front of you!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment