Wednesday, October 26, 2011

56.3 down to 2 . 3; not too shabby!

I just got off the phone with the sweet lady that works at the sleep study place, seriously, they are all so dang nice there (note to self: send thank you note!). This past Friday's study (#2) was much more of a success!!! As opposed to the week before, sans c-pap machine and my 56.3 times of not breathing an hour, I only stopped breathing 2.3 times an hour with the c-pap! Yay!!!! I only slept for 3 hours and this was my very 1st time using the machine but it's clear to see that it truly works! Now for the fun stuff...the bills!!!! I can't even imagine what all of this is going to cost me. Thankfully I'm at 100% for my deductible but that other 15% can most definitely get high when we're talking about $5,000 for 1 study, $6,000 for the 2nd and I can't even imagine what buying the c-pap machine is going to cost me -- OY VEY!!!

Maybe all the money I'll eventually save by eating off of others' plates vs. purchasing a full meal I'll never eat will pay for my medical bills eventually, hehe!

It's certainly quite a learning process and journey but each of these steps gets me closer to the leap (surgery). I'm so ready and the waiting is hard! I have so many fears but most of all that my insurance company will see that I've met my deductible, etc. and decide, "hmmm, it's December why don't we drag our feet a month and then she has to pay a whole lot more!" I'll be so upset but I'm not giving up no matter what. I'll find a way to get the money and have this surgery by the end of Jan. 2012!!!!!

Cheers to another step!

No comments:

Post a Comment